Le Forum du Front de l'Est
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Forum du Front de l'Est

Tout savoir sur le Front de l'Est

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII

2 participants
AuteurMessage
carbone14
Feldmarshall
Feldmarshall
carbone14

Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Empty
MessageSujet: Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII   Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Icon_minitimeSam 13 Aoû - 12:05

Je n'ai plus l'original en allemand, voici ce qui a été traduit par une allemande en anglais et ensuite en français.

Dear father,
Today, Sunday morning I got your first letter during my war-time. Therefore I was extremely excited. Many cordial thanks. On Sunday it is quiet and is the best time to answer incoming mail. Your letter of cause has the highest priority. As I wrote already we are again in the garrison at the bottom end of the pass and do hard training again. We are exposed to very extreme training conditions at the moment, awaiting an inspection on Nov. 11. The initial training and according preparation cost a lot of sweat. I think, I told you already in my last letter from a very hard teamwork to transport our ordnance/ cannon along a steep mountain. Just someone who did such an exercise can imagine about the difficulty. Such an extreme task is expected from us, which only can be accomplished by an extremely engaged and powerful team. But it is necessary, to be prepared in case to be quick. In case donkeys are available, they have to do this kind of work. We do have enough of them and we experienced several transports with them already. Anyway we have to be drilled to do this job. The day before yesterday we did sharp/ precise shooting. The task was to score 27 points, 200m distance, lying, free-hand. I was quite settled and calm, cold blooded and I scored again 47 points. So I got extra off time at that morning. Anyway I did all my tasks beyond any reproach. And I was always among the best shooters of the company.
And now some information about our military situation. The Civilian is quite often talking about that, but doesn’t know much about it. The case ‘Italy’ is obviously the main debate [code name: Fall Achse or Alarich: in case Italy would give up, the plan was to disarm the Italian army and to occupy Italy]. Unfortunately we must admit that our situation because of this incidence, which was claimed by the propaganda not to weaken our military strength, became very critical. The mission Italy [the German reaction] is considered an outstanding milestone and will be marked in the book of German war history. The strategy applied was the by far best ever one at all time. The brutality and dirty trick applied by the Badoglios revolutionary government is just unbelievable. [the Badoglios government installed in Italy in summer 1943, allied with the former enemy and declared war against Germany in October 1943].First they left Sardine and Corse without any battle to the occupants (English and American). While the allied landed in the south of Italy, Badoglios did not support the fighting German troupes, but they pulled back their troupes to the German/ Italian border to close the way back for the German troupes and to stop logistics for our troupes. And any troupe movement from Germany to Italy was blocked. Those [German] troupes in the south are then supposed to be caught by the allied, with the effect that Italy was no battle field any more. This plan was strategically by far exceptional but for us so ignoble and bitchy, can’t find any words to describe for such a fathomlessness. But then the German answering strategy came up (Fall Achse]. You won’t believe it, what I am writing to you. The whole Italian army was disarmed by 4 German battalions. It sounds unbelievable but it is an irremovable matter of fact.
The second ‘miracle’ which I was a part of happened in the next Italian garrison behind the St. Bernard mountain where an [Italian] battalion alpine – listen and be astonished - was forced by 2 riflings [German]mountain soldiers to give up their weapons - 60 soldiers (recruit is the age of 18) against 600 Italian experienced elder age group. Especially because our soldiers were recruits of our battalion. You see that this hazardous mission could have ended to 100% into a disaster for us, because the Italian had outstanding weapons. We all can thank the presage that this mission succeeded. Italy will in any case never ever be an allied of Germany again that’s for sure. Just as little I do believe that the fascism will ever get in power again. According to statements of prisoners of war Italy is tired of the war and is not considering taking up arms again. Germany is for this reason put into a hard challenge and the only way to succeed is that the whole people including army wholeheartedly are arranged behind. That’s the only way to win. The victory in my opinion has to be hard fought with tough doggedness. Only that people that carries the heart in the right place in the face of danger can enforce this and this people can only be us. We are looking with a tight view to god and our commanders towards the coming things.
The case ‘Götze’ [his surname?] is closed for me. I am now just a soldier
Elsbeth [his sister?] wrote me a letter with her left hand. Hopefully her hand will recover soon, because there is nothing worse than to be ill, that I experienced in the army.
I was very excited that you could find out the address in Bingen [at the river Rhine] of the father of a companion of mine. His son, Leo Fünnel is in the 3rd mountain soldier company and is in close contact with both of us [?]
Herbert Orschiedt is now also in France, he wrote us a letter with our former F.P.N. 14 593F.[no idea what that does mean]. With high confidence he is based very closed to us. He is with the J.G. [mountain infantry?].
Meanwhile you will have enjoyed the vintage, because your letter was sent from B.-Sponheim. Now I am hoping that you and my mum are very well and Elsbeth is on the way to recover when you get my letter. Herewith I will close.
I do return your regards with greatest cordiality
Your junior
mountain infantry soldier Walter

My comments and explanations in [ ]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
carbone14
Feldmarshall
Feldmarshall
carbone14

MessageSujet: Re: Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII   Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Icon_minitimeSam 13 Aoû - 12:06

Et maintenant en français :

Cher père,
Aujourd'hui, dimanche matin, j'ai reçu votre première lettre pendant ma guerre. Par conséquent j'étais extrêmement excité. Merci beaucoup. Le dimanche c'est calme et c'est le meilleur moment pour répondre au courrier entrant. Votre lettre de cause a la plus haute priorité. Comme je l'ai déjà écrit, nous sommes de nouveau dans la garnison au bas de la passe et nous nous entraînons à nouveau. Nous sommes exposés à des conditions d'entraînement très extrêmes en ce moment, en attente d'une inspection le 11 novembre. La formation initiale et la préparation correspondante coûtent beaucoup de sueur. Je pense, je vous l'ai déjà dit dans ma dernière lettre d'un travail d'équipe très dur pour transporter nos munitions / canons le long d'une montagne escarpée. Juste quelqu'un qui a fait un tel exercice peut imaginer la difficulté. Nous attendons de nous une tâche aussi extrême, qui ne peut être accomplie que par une équipe extrêmement engagée et puissante. Mais il faut, se préparer au cas où il serait rapide. Dans le cas où les ânes sont disponibles, ils doivent faire ce genre de travail. Nous en avons assez et nous avons déjà expérimenté plusieurs transports avec eux. Quoi qu'il en soit, nous devons être forés pour faire ce travail. Avant-hier, nous avons fait des prises de vues nettes / précises. La tâche était de marquer 27 points, 200m de distance, couché, à main levée. J'étais plutôt calme et calme, de sang-froid et j'ai marqué à nouveau 47 points. Donc j'ai eu du temps supplémentaire ce matin. En tout cas j'ai fait toutes mes tâches au-delà de tout reproche. Et j'étais toujours parmi les meilleurs tireurs de l'entreprise.
Et maintenant quelques informations sur notre situation militaire. Le civil en parle assez souvent, mais n'en sait pas grand-chose. Le cas « Italie » est évidemment le principal débat [nom de code : Fall Achse ou Alarich: au cas où l'Italie abandonnerait, le plan était de désarmer l'armée italienne et d'occuper l'Italie]. Malheureusement, nous devons admettre que notre situation à cause de cette incidence, qui a été revendiquée par la propagande de ne pas affaiblir notre force militaire, est devenue très critique. La mission Italie [la réaction allemande] est considérée comme une étape importante et sera marquée dans le livre de l'histoire de la guerre allemande. La stratégie appliquée était de loin la meilleure de tous les temps. La brutalité et le mauvais tour du gouvernement révolutionnaire de Badoglios sont tout simplement incroyables. [Le gouvernement Badoglios installé en Italie à l'été 1943, allié avec l'ancien ennemi et déclaré la guerre contre l'Allemagne en Octobre 1943]. D'abord ils ont quitté Sardine et la Corse sans aucune bataille pour les occupants (anglais et américains). Alors que les Alliés débarquaient dans le sud de l'Italie, Badoglios ne soutenait pas les troupes allemandes combattantes, mais ils ramenèrent leurs troupes à la frontière germano-italienne pour fermer le chemin aux troupes allemandes et arrêter la logistique pour nos troupes. Et tout mouvement de troupe de l'Allemagne vers l'Italie était bloqué. Ces troupes [allemandes] dans le sud sont alors censées être capturées par les alliés, ce qui fait que l'Italie n'est plus un champ de bataille. Ce plan était stratégiquement de loin l'exception

scratch Je pense qu'il e, manque un bout. Suspect
vania
Modo-Felfgendarme
Modo-Felfgendarme

MessageSujet: Re: Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII   Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Icon_minitimeDim 14 Aoû - 13:04

Intéressant témoignage.
carbone14
Feldmarshall
Feldmarshall
carbone14

MessageSujet: Re: Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII   Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Icon_minitimeDim 14 Aoû - 13:06

Oui dommage que je n'ai pas gardé une copie de l'original mais c'était pas à moi.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII   Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII Icon_minitime

Lettre d'un soldat allemand à son père durant la WWII
Page 1 sur 1